Locking yourself out of the car is a very common problem that many people face every day. Reasons why this problem happens are many, whether you lose your key or you lock it inside the car, but luckily there are some tips that will help you unlock your vehicle even without a key. In this blog we are going to brief how unlock car door without key.
Here is the effective way to unlock your car without key when you have an automatic lock. Use a wedge tool to create a space between the car’s body and door. If the auto lock is located on the armrest of the driver’s side, you can activate it by just pressing with a thin metal rod. If the button is on the central console, attach a hook at the end of the tool or use a clothes hanger to reach the lock.
Use a String to Unlock the Door
A long, sturdy string such as a shoelace can help you unlock your car door. Note that this method only works on cars that have a traditional, post-type door lock with a small knob at the top (as shown above). Here’s how to unlock a car door using a string:
• Tie a slipknot in the middle of the string. (Don’t know how? Learn!)
• Use a doorstop or a thin piece of wood to gently pry open a space between the top of a front door’s window frame and the vehicle body (as far rearward on the upper door frame as possible). If you handle this process too aggressively, you could bend the door frame, causing an air leak and wind whistle, so exercise caution.
• Use the opening created to lower the slipknot into the car’s cabin.
• Adjust the ends of the string until the slipknot is positioned around the door lock’s post, beneath the knobby upper end.
• Tighten the slipknot around the post by pulling both ends of the string.
• Once the knot is secure, pull the post upward to unlock the car.
Another well-known method is the one where you use a coat hanger. All you need is a wire coat hanger. Try to straighten it up at one side and make a hook at the other side. Then you need to slide the coat hanger between the window and the weather stripping. Next you need to find the control arm and pull onto it the coat hanger and open the door.
If your car has an automatic lock, you can use a tool to make some space between the door and the car’s body but be careful not to damage the door and then you need to insert a metal rod inside the car between the space you’ve created and press the button that unlocks the car.