The topology of the network will refer to the logical arrangement of a network and a description of how different nodes are connected and able to communicate among themselves. In this case , different methods and compilation of media will be used by each topology system to essentially communicate a message to the computer known as the node. So, each network has its own structure that reflects communications system components. Even there are few types of topologies such as ring topology, mesh topology, and bus topology where the physical and logical arrangement of network nodes will be described. Below are the networking topology advantages and disadvantages.
This is the type of network where all the devices will be connected to the single cable which runs from the one end to the other. So, bus topology will help in transmitting the data in one direction.
Advantages of Bus Topology
- This can be very easy to set up and expand the network.
- It might be cost-effective compared to the other topologies.
- The bus topology is suited to the LAN networks.
Disadvantages of Bus Topology
- Bus topology will have a single point of the failure or if the cables fail then the whole network will go down.
- It is not easy to isolate the faults in network nodes
- It can be very difficult to manage to administer and troubleshoot programs.
In this type, all the computers are connected to each other in a circular format. The first node will be connected to the last node for linking them together in the circular format. So, the data will be transmitted in the clockwise direction from one node to another node. Also, Ring Topology will idea about networking topology advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Ring Topology
- The risk of packet collision is low.
- The configuration will make it very easy to identify the faults in the network nodes.
- Each and every node has the ability for transmitting the data.
Disadvantages of Ring Topology
It can be highly vulnerable to failures
By connecting the nodes in the ring the ring technology is dependent on the wire.
Owing to the failure of the transmission line the entire network would also go down.
Other types of network topologies are available which help to link each node to the network. The above forms, however, are the top network topologies which can be highly effective and efficient for another individual topology. Hope I covered all of the topics in my article
networking topology advantages and disadvantages. Thanks for reading!